Mt. Chelmos field guide Android app
Get the app from Google Play
Mt. Chelmos is the most interesting mountain of Northern Peloponnese, Greece. This area offers gorgeous landscapes, such as the Vouraikos Gorge, traditional villages like Kalavryta, byzantine monasteries, a modern ski resort, the impressive Cave of the Lakes and a picturesque rack train. Most of the area is protected as a National Park and is awarded by UNESCO as on of the four Greek Geoparks.
The Android application topoGuide Chelmos is a digital field guide for Mt. Chelmos , Peloponnese, Greece, which includes routes, text, and photos and provide active navigation to the hiker. The application includes 35 hiking, 3 cycling routes and one geological trip. Each Adventure has a description, photos and a POIs list.
The app offers:
- 35 hiking routes, easy and moderate hiking trails and long mountain traverses, of a total length of 270 km. Hiking routes include European Trail E4.
- 3 bike rides.
- one geological trip, visiting three major geological spots of the area.
- continuous and accurate navigation to and along each trail
- off-line detailed maps compiled by private data of AnaDigit cartographic company (and provided by topoguide.gr).
- an extended introduction to Mt. Chelmos with textual and photographic information on geography, history, monuments and nature.
- a long POIs table covering all cities and villages, archaeological sites, religious monuments and place names and a search engine to locate them on the map
- a fly-to simulation of route walking
- tools for recording and sharing tracks and waypoints
- an easy tool to send emergency position via SMS or e-mail.
Get a tour of the application by this interactive web page.
Download the application trough Google Play