Mt. Parnitha field guide Android app
Get the app from Google Play
Mt. Parnitha is the beloved playground for the thousands of hikers, bikers and nature lovers living in Athens and Attica. Mt. Parnitha is one of the 10 National Parks of Greece and offers countless opportunities for hiking, biking, birdwatching and recreation.
The Android application topoGuide Parnitha is a digital field guide for Mt. Parnitha, Attica, Greece, which includes routes, text, and photos and provide active navigation to the hiker. The application includes 39 hiking, 16 cycling routes and 6 mountain running trails. Each Adventure has a description, photos and a POIs list.
The app offers:
- 39 hiking routes, easy and moderate hiking trails and long mountain traverses, of a total length of 300 km.
- 16 MTB routes covering all levels of difficulty with a total length of 300 km.
- 6 mountain running trails including all mountain running courses actually done on Mt. Parnitha.
- continuous and accurate navigation to and along each trail
- off-line detailed maps compiled by private data of AnaDigit cartographic company (and provided by topoguide.gr).
- an extended introduction to Mt. Parnitha with textual and photographic information on geography, history, monuments and nature.
- a long POIs table covering all cities and villages, archaeological sites, religious monuments and place names and a search engine to locate them on the map
- a fly-to simulation of route walking
- tools for recording and sharing tracks and waypoints
- an easy tool to send emergency position via SMS or e-mail.
Get a tour of the application by this interactive web page.
Download the application trough Google Play